Mental Health / Therapy Resources
1. Online Portals - Active Minds https://www.activeminds.org/
Access a free resource hub for help during the COVID-19 pandemic, including stress management, self-care and live webinars.
- Ben’s Friends https://www.bensfriendshope.com/
Join a safe environment with others who understand the unique challenges experienced by people on the front lines in restaurants, hotels, and other hospitality industries.
-If you feel like you are leaning on substances or struggling with abuse this is a great website to connect with others
Patients Like me https://www.patientslikeme.com/
Free personalized patient network, PatientsLikeMe, allows people to connect with others with similar conditions, treatments, life experiences, medications, symptoms and outcomes. PatientsLikeMe empowers people to learn from each other and heal together, leading to better physical and mental health outcomes. Offers connection groups for not only mental health conditions, but everything from diabetes to women’s health to hearing loss and inbetween.
- Sanvello https://www.sanvello.com/peer-support/ #1 rated app for stress, anxiety, and depression. Includes guided mediation, learning modules, community discussion and daily tips. Connect with others in the hospitality community here. Low cost and usually covered by health insurance
2. In Person Services in Lansing
These services around town offer services on a sliding scale, meaning that they offer their services for an out of pocket cost outside of billing insurance, typically at a reduced rate. They do also accept insurance if you have it. More information is listed on their sites.
- Red Cedar Counseling https://msu.thrivingcampus.com/providers/red-cedar-counseling/ (517) 301-5011
- Women’s Center of Greater Lansing http://www.womenscenterofgreaterlansing.org/ (517) 372-9163
- St Vincent Catholic Charities https://stvcc.org/ (517) 323-4734
- Rooted Counseling https://rootedcounselingmi.com/ (517) 273-2706
3. MSU Services
These services are for anyone in the Lansing area, but generally offer free services for MSU students and offer “sliding scale” payments for all others - MSU Psychological Clinic https://psychology.msu.edu/clinic/ 517-355-9564 - MSU Couple and Family Therapy Clinic https://hdfs.msu.edu/clinic (517) 355-7680
4. MSU Student Services
For MSU students only but are generally offered at no cost.
MSU CAPS https://caps.msu.edu/ (517) 355-8270